This is another picture of Albert (Gampy) Mau and looks more like I remember. Mostly I remember him sitting on his front porch in a sleeveless tee shirt, smoking a pipe and drinking big glasses of beer after a hard days work as the groundskeeper at the Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course. He favored high top black shoes (boots?) and overalls. He was a good humored but taciturn man. He died in 1966 in Amsterdam, New York.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
A Hard Working Guy
This is another picture of Albert (Gampy) Mau and looks more like I remember. Mostly I remember him sitting on his front porch in a sleeveless tee shirt, smoking a pipe and drinking big glasses of beer after a hard days work as the groundskeeper at the Amsterdam Municipal Golf Course. He favored high top black shoes (boots?) and overalls. He was a good humored but taciturn man. He died in 1966 in Amsterdam, New York.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment